viernes, 29 de enero de 2010

Lonesome cities

Foto: La noche de Madrid, Kiko


"Lonesome Cities? I've known some. Some of them are here."

Rod Mckuen

There’s a few more lonesome cities that I’d like to see
While the want of wanderlust is still inside of me

There’s a few more handsome men that I’d like to know
Just a few more handsome men is down the road I go

Maybe when I have seen it all
Seen all there is to see
I find out I still can not
run away from me

Just as long as trains keep running
Restless woman I’ll be
And there’s a few more lonesome cities that I’d like to see

Hey now,
Maybe when I have seen it all
Seen all there is to see
I find out I still can not run away from me
Just as long as trains keep running
Restless woman I will be
And there’s a few more lonesome cities that I’d like to see
Just a few more lonesome cities that I’d like to see

4 comentarios:

  1. Como me gusta esta música. Que buen gusto tienes. La tendré que escuchar más de una vez porque me hace soñar con cosas bonitas. Muchassss gracias.

    Un beso.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. poetic liberties I see... well, it's never too late to hit the open road or go back down roads you've already travelled... I prefer the places I've never seen to the ones I've had to leave behind... Lonesome Cities, is all about discovering the world and yourself and perhaps your place in it... and new arms that will hold you... and new lips to kiss... and love, better then the one before... yes, I always long for more Lonesome Cities...

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Pues doble gusto si el gusto es compartido, Felix. Vale la pena oir la canción mirando Madrid en esa gran foto.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hahaha. Dash, not much of a liberty, I think. I can't help relating ideas, images, songs, poems. When you suggested that title, I recalled my nephew’s photo. It was waiting in the drawer for a fine occasion to be shown. And then, looking for the book, I came across that song by N. Simone.

    I’m afraid one day comes when it may be too late for all that was easy and exciting once.

    (...liberties... neither poetic nor real I suppose).

    ResponderEliminar

Cuéntame, te escucho atentamente.